Hubby thought we should leave the bookshelf up, so we'll be using it to hold decor...and maybe even a few books!
Our poor, crowded closet...
When looking over the fabric selections I made here, I decided to paint the walls a light green color. I decided to splurge and buy primer-in-one paint, but I found myself having to paint over the walls twice. (Ugh! Those commercials are so deceiving!) And to think, I could have put that money somewhere else!
Any Hoo, here’s how the green paint turned out:
As you can see, to tackle the shelf and mini dresser, I first painted these pieces the same color as the wall. Long ago, I discovered that I can quickly and sloppily apply the 2nd coat of paint in my desired top-coat color to achieve a jazzed up “weathered” look. Here’s the end result:
I’m so thrilled with the end result!
My expanding family is slowly but surely outgrowing our 30 year old, 3 bedroom house. This means we have to find creative ways to store all of our stuff (and this is after giving away a lot of items to our local co-op)!! My little boy will, therefore, have to share his closet with his daddy, which will house his shoes. We plan to keep the door closed most of the time to keep the illusion alive that this is 100% a little boy’s nursery. We decided to go with the master disguiser – chalkboard paint! No one (except you) will ever know that we’re really just trying to hide a collection of size 13’s. Haha!
Paint project #3 involved painting the crib. Now, this task was much more time consuming than I could have ever imagined. For starters, I decided to spray paint this crib on what had to have been the most windiest Saturday of the month! Seriously, I think more spray paint ended up on the protective cardboard than the crib! Never the less, I finished what I started (after one impromptu trip to Lowe’s and 4 spray paint cans later). Here’s a document of my progress:
Next on this list is…window treatments. Can’t wait!!